Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Vacation Industry’s “T” Word: Timeshares

Most of the time the word “timeshare” conjures up images of crooked sales people, rundown buildings, and an all around headache for everyone involved. I think (and hope!) that image is going by the wayside and making room for a new set of images: friendly, helpful vacation concierges, updated and upscale resorts, and a pleasant vacation planning experience.

Of course stereotypes and preconceived notions come from somewhere. We didn’t all get together one night and decide that Italians from the Jersey Shore are way too tan, or that Irishmen drink a lot, or that people from the South make moonshine in their bath tubs… the list could go on but I don’t want to offend anyone. My point is the timeshare industry has a bad reputation because it attracts a lot of crooks. But take heart! Not every timeshare company out there is full of scam artists and conmen.

I wanted to give that preface to help introduce my next series of blogs. I’m going to be addressing some of the facets of the timeshare industry. Here are some of the topics I’ll be covering:

  • What’s a Timeshare? And Why Do They Call It “Vacation Ownership”?
  • Top 5 Cities For Timeshare Travel
  • Timeshare Travel vs. Hotel Holidays

I do want to be clear. In no way am I advocating the purchase of timeshares. Nor am I condoning them. I’m simply sharing my experiences as a travel agent as they relate to this part of my industry.

Have any questions about timeshares? Send them to amy.stark@resortsandports.com and I’ll do my best to give you an honest and well-informed answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment