Friday, November 19, 2010

Top Cities for Timeshare Travel

Top 5 4 Cities for Timeshare Travel

Originally I wanted to talk about the top 5 cities for timeshare travel, but as I looked over my notes and consulted my colleagues, we could only come up with 4 that deserved the title of “top destinations”. Here’s the list (in no particular order):

·         Branson
·         Las Vegas
·         Myrtle Beach
·         Central Florida (Orlando, Kissimmee, and the beach)

I think the reason all these cities are popular for timeshare travel is because they have so much to offer. There is definitely a week’s worth of stuff to do, not to mention that there are several properties located in those areas.

Here are our top cities and why we chose them.   

Branson

This is a great destination for all ages, but I would recommend it mostly for families and those old enough for AARP cards. Branson is known for its shows, its shows, its shows, and you guessed it… shows! Throughout the year of 2010 there are 220+ shows to choose from. Not a fan of Broadway or… Stand-up Comedy or… Rock ‘n Roll or… Magic or… Tributes? (Then who are you?!) Well, Branson has lots of other attractions. Things like caves and caverns to explore, family adventure/entertainment parks, lakes for fishing and cruising, movie theaters, museums, scenic tours, zip line tours, wineries, etc. Need I come up with more? There really is a plethora of activities to choose from.

Las Vegas

Does this destination really need an introduction? I mean it’s Vegas! I remember in one of my tourism classes in college we talked about the top reasons people visit Las Vegas. I wish I remember who published the survey, but I don’t. However, I do remember the top reason listed. Shopping. Umm, yeah right. I don’t know who those people thought they were fooling, but the top reason for visiting Vegas is because whatever happens there stays there. ‘Nough said.

For the less risqué, Las Vegas is also known for gambling, world class restaurants, weddings, shows, over the top resorts, and an adult good time. I wouldn’t recommend Vegas for families, just like I wouldn’t recommend Sunday School for the members of Hell’s Angels, but it’s up to you.

Most people that visit Vegas are usually there for a convention or just a weekend getaway. For those in Las Vegas longer than a weekend or for the brave souls that take their children, Vegas is about a 4 hour drive to the Grand Canyon. You can make a day trip out of it!  Or you could always visit the Hoover Dam, which is just about 30 miles away.

Myrtle Beach

The beach! Another thing that makes Myrtle Beach popular is its location. It’s not as far south as Florida, so it’s within driving distance for a lot of people. This is probably the most popular destination that I book for summer and spring break. Don’t ever underestimate how quickly this destination gets booked. If you’re thinking of going, don’t procrastinate!

Central Florida

M-I-C- See ya’ real soon! K-E-Y- Why? Because we like you! M-O-U-S-E! Or come visit Shamu at Sea World or Shrek at Universal Studios Orlando. The biggest reason people come to the Central Florida area is for the theme parks. No doubt about it! It has been a top family destination since Walt decided to bring his famous mouse here.

It’s also a popular city for conventions. Orlando is home to the second largest convention center in the United States. That coupled with the high concentration of hotels on
International Drive
make it the perfect spot for annual company meetings. Unlike Las Vegas, business people can bring their families along and stay for a little longer. 

So far I’ve only talked about the Orlando/Kissimmee area, but Central Florida also includes Ormond Beach, Pompano Beach, and Daytona Beach. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot see the beach from everywhere in Florida. Orlando is about an hour away from the beach depending on which coast you chose. The east coast of Florida has a lot more timeshares than the west coast and therefore is a better place to go. There is also much to see and do along FL’s east coast. Kennedy Space Center, historical St. Augustine, Ron Jon Surf Shop, and obviously the beach!

Want to know why you should stay in a timeshare for your next vacation? Read my next blog! (I can’t give away all my secrets at once. Sheesh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment